Thursday, July 8, 2010

10%

I was really surprised at Weight Watchers yesterday.  I think their scale must have been on an uneven floor or something.  Whatever it was, it showed that I had lost 10% of my starting weight.

Since my responses were less than stellar when I lost the 5%, I told no one this time.

Still, it seems impossible. Our son had wanted to take his father to Capital Grille for a belated birthday dinner.  They were closed for the Fourth of July, so we ended up at Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, where everything is wonderful but topped with butter.  None of us had been there before. I didn’t know how to count anything there so I didn’t.

Fast forward to Wednesday.

I had taken my mom to her oncologist so I didn’t get to the early meeting I usually go to.  In blazing heat – 101 – I trudged up the stairs to the WW meeting.

They had had the first meeting just fine when the AC went out. By the time I got there, they had moved everything out to a larger hall where they play Bingo on weekends.  No meeting, though.  Just weigh-in.

I think, when they moved that scale, something happened to it to grant me this surprising weight loss.  Probably by next week I’ll have gained enough to put me back under the 10%.

But for now, for this week at least, it’s my private victory.

No comments: