Saturday, November 14, 2009

Day Zero: We Set Out; Miami, Florida

We had left our dog at her sister’s so on Saturday morning there was nothing to do but pack and get to the airport. Piece of cake! No photo finishes this time, no racing to another airport because I couldn’t remember which was ours.

I had forgotten my neck pillow so I bought one at the airport. They had a “deal” - either a blanket or pillow for $15 each or both for $20. So, I have a new blanket, too. More to travel around with! They also had little cellphone carrier/purses on sale so I got one of those. I had thought it would be handy around ship to carry my room key and little stuff. Turns out it also holds my camera so all that looking for a camera case was in vain!

Anyway… the trip to Miami was uneventful. I called Michael from the tarmac and he was already at baggage claim. By the time we deplaned (we were in the last row, of course!) he had his luggage.

Everything gathered, we took the Sofitel shuttle to the hotel. After check-in, Tom went online and Michael and I napped. Travel is so tiring!

IMG_0161

(Note - I have no idea why these images are sideways. They're fine when I put them up individually, which is what I'll do in the future.)

The view out our window of the pool and lagoon was so pretty that I took a few pictures.

In the evening, Michael went out with friends for dinner (they had Italian) and Tom and I went to the hotel’s restaurant – French – and had a nice dinner, although it cost more than the hotel had for the night.

Back in the room, I got Michael hooked on a new game I had discovered, Nick Chase, Private Detective.

Then sleep. Our shuttle to the port was at 11:00. We were the last people on, no surprise! We were the last off, also no surprise. But we made it and that was the main thing. Our luggage also made it, too – also a main thing!

No comments: