Wednesday, November 5, 2008

About Me

I am a Cushing's and kidney cancer (renal cell carcinoma) patient, founder, owner and webmaster of Cushing's Help and Support, web designer, piano teacher and mom.

I am a Cushing's patient who has dealt with Cushing's symptoms and the aftereffects of pituitary surgery since 1983.

Because I had very little support for my symptoms, diagnosis and surgery, I decided to try to make things a little better for other patients and started a support site called Cushing's Help and Support in 2000. The site has grown to astronomical numbers. This disease isn't as rare as doctors have told us!

In 2006, I was also diagnosed with kidney cancer (renal cell carcinoma). My left kidney and adrenal gland were removed. Having an adrenal gland removed complicates my post-Cushing's symptoms.

I am not planning to have any more rare and unusual diseases.

My entire bio to date can be found here: http://www.cushings-help.com/maryos_story.htm

No comments: