Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Costa Rica, Day 2A

I thought I was being so clever last night. I had a thing to plug into my iPad which I could plug my camera SD card into. I downloaded my pictures and and wrote my post. All was well until I put the SD card back in the camera. It says the card is damaged but Tom's computer can read it.

So I need to find an SD card here. I asked Michael to bring one when he comes on Thursday. I definitely want the camera for whitewater rafting that day. Meanwhile, pictures will be from my cellphone.

What I alluded to yesterday... On Saturday I realized we didn't have a confirmation for this place so we called RCI. They said that they would resend. Still didn't get it.

When we got here, very tired, on Sunday night they wanted that confirmation,of course. Tom managed to convince them we would have it and to let us stay.

I tried to log on to the RCI site and login didn't work so I asked for that info to be resent to me. When the confirmation page came up I saw that they had my email address wrong. Someone else had our confirmation and login info.

A long phone call to RCI finally straightened that out and we got the confirmation info yesterday. I had asked them to send it to the resort as well so I figured all was well.

We stopped by the desk to see and they hadn't gotten anything. Trying to communicate was kind of hard with them speaking mostly Spanish and me mostly English I got their email address and forwarded it to them. The email came back undeliverable.

I took the iPad down to the office so they could see we had the confirmation but they needed a print out. I couldn't do that from the iPad and I couldn't send it to them so I asked if I could use their computer. Yes! Logged on to RCI with new info and printed the thing out. The computer commands were all in Spanish which was a bit of a challenge but we are now here legally.

Tom has a conference call in a few minutes so I'll be going to the pool to "read". I'll post more later...

Posted via email from Mary'Out and About

No comments: