Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I'm So Excited!

We're going to go see the Broadway Touring Company of Mamma Mia at Wolf Trap on Sunday!

 

[[posterous-content:pid___0]]We had gotten the brochure several months ago and so many things looked interesting and I couldn't choose just one (or two...).  So, I chose nothing.

Then, last week Tom asked if there was anything coming up soon so I looked online and saw that Mamma Mia was coming (among other things) but the cost was a bit much so I figured I'd watch the movie - again.  I love looking at Pierce Brosnan anyway :)

A few minutes ago I got an email for a service I must have signed up for at some time, and right at the top of the list was Mamma Mia at half price.  I figured they'd be lawn seats on Friday afternoon or something but went to their website and they had inside seats at both 2 and 8 on both Friday and Sunday.

I was able to log on ok so I must have signed up for this.  A few clicks later and we have 2 tickets for the price of one.

My account says I've been a member since 2010.  I'll have to check my emails from Goldstar more often.  Maybe they have other good stuff!

A bit about Wolf Trap...

As America's National Park for the Performing Arts, Wolf Trap plays a valuable leadership role in both the local and national performing arts communities. Through a wide range of artistic and education programs, Wolf Trap enhances our nation's cultural life and ensures that the arts remain accessible and affordable to the broadest possible audience.

A typical season at Wolf Trap includes something for everyone with performances ranging from pop, country, folk, and blues to orchestra, dance, theater, and opera, as well as innovative performance art and multimedia presentations.

 

 


The Filene Center at Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts

 

Filene Center at Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing ArtsThe late Catherine Filene Shouse founded Wolf Trap through a donation of 100 acres of her Vienna, Virginia farmland (near Washington, DC) to the U.S. Government, as well as funds for construction of a 6,800-seat indoor/outdoor theater. The gift was accepted by an Act of Congress in 1966 and Wolf Trap's larger venue, the Filene Center, opened in 1971. The Filene Center season usually runs from the end of May to the beginning of September with an average of 90 performances each year.

 

Posted via email from Mary'Out and About

No comments: