Thursday, September 30, 2010

Phoenix, AZ Trip

Last week my DH decided to attend a conference in Scottsdale and asked if I wanted to go along. We had been in Phoenix just after my kidney cancer surgery 4 years ago. At that time they convinced us to buy a unit here by giving us a "free" Alaskan Cruise. I'd always wanted to go to Alaska so I jumped at the chance.

So, DH said maybe we could stay at the place we'd bought - the Shell Legacy Golf Resort in Phoenix. I agreed to come on this trip if we could stay there and if our dog Mimi could stay at her sisters. Both worked out and here I am!

Our flight left home at 6:00am yesterday morning so it was a very long day. We arrived here at 11:30am or 2:30pm our time. After check-in and lunch, DH went to his conference and I settled down for a nap.

He finally got back here about 10PM (local time) and we went out to the grocery store for supplies. He'd had dinner at the conference but I hadn't eaten since lunch. Turned out I knew someone from Delaware at the conference. Small world!

Anyway, finally bed around 1am (local)/4am my time. DH had to get up early for next day of conference and I slept on. At 8:30am local some ATT people were here to install wifi. I don't think so! I told them to come back later but, of course couldn't get back to sleep. I noticed a message on the answering machine - the spa had called with a special offer at 7:59am. How early to people here get up?

The rest of the day so far has been goofing off and doing webwork. I had a better wifi connection before the ATT people come back but I think I've fixed that.

The pictures in the post below are from the balcony here. We're overlooking the golf course. I thought that might be quieter than overlooking the pool!

The conference is over today so there will be more sightseeing - and more pictures. Then, home on Saturday.

No comments: